What is XAPK File Extension and How to Open it?
What is an XAPK File?
XAPK file is the package that is used to install the Android Applications on mobile devices. It is very similar to the APK file format, but it may consist of other assets used by the Application like the OBB file; this OBB file stores the graphics, media files, and other application data. XAPK files are used to distribute applications on the third-party Android application download sites, and the Google Play Store does not support them.
As the XAPK files are not the standard application installer packages, they must be installed manually or installed by using an XAPK installer. After downloading the XAPK file, you can install the Application to the Android device using the XAPK installer. If you want to install the additional files manually, you can unzip the XAPK file and then place the extracted files in the correct location on your device.
Steps to Open XAPK File on Android
- Firstly, Download the XAPK application on Mobile.
- Open the XAPK Installer.
- You will find the Application with the XAPK file.
- If the file is not detected, you can scan the storage by just clicking on the three dots symbol at the extreme top right corner.
- Then Just click on the install button, and it will auto load the files.
- Lastly, the Application is installed successfully.
Benefits of XAPK Files
There are many benefits of XAPK files.
- Since large applications mostly use XAPK files, you can store the internet data by downloading it once and then transfer it to a mobile or a tablet.
- It is also a huge time saver. In the case of in-app download, you may have noticed the downloading process’s speed becomes very slow at some times.
- In this manner, you can avoid the waiting time for the completion of a download process.
- You can also avoid the unnecessary hassle which is associated with the installation of region-specific applications.
- XAPK files installation is a one-click process that saves you both time and data.
Steps To Install the XAPK File On Android
not like APK files, you can’t go just to the Phone’s File Explorer and then click on the Install button for the XAPK file. It wants an XAPK file installer. Talking about the third-party apps, the best Application for this job is the APKPure Application itself.
The best part about the installation process of APKPure is that it is so simple and straight forward. APKPure automatically scans through the internal storage of Phone and lists all the APK file and XAPK files. So, what you have to do is to go on App management and then on APK/XAPK Management and click on the Install button. As simple as that. Depending on the size, it will require some time to process the installation of APKPure. After finishing the installing process, you will be able to access the game like any other downloaded games from the Play Store.
Through File Manager
This process is long compared to the installation by using APKPure Application. as mentioned above, if you need to avoid installing an additional application, this is the way to go about it.
Step 1: Once the XAPK file has completed its downloading process, go to the File Manager and rename the file extension to the zip file.
Step 2: After this, long press on the file to decompress it and reveal two major files: an APK file and an Android folder.
Step 3: click on the Android folder and go to the OBB folder. Copy the OBB file and then paste it inside the OBB folder of the internal storage of Android.
Step 4: Once completed, install the APK file as you would typically do.