How to Open SWF Files On Windows Without Web Browser
Open SWF files on Windows
Visit the SWF file player in a web browser.
This player will permit you to watch the SWF videos, as well as play some SWF games.
Click on the Download Now button.
It is a green button located on the extreme left side of the page, which will take you to the download page.
Wait for the file to finish the downloading process.
Your file will begin downloading after a few seconds, and it should complete within a few minutes.
You can then click on the Click Here button to get the file downloaded forcefully.
Install and SWF File Player
Use these steps to install SWF File Player:
- Double click on the SWF File Player setup in your web browser or the Download folder.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the radio option next to the “ I accept the agreement” and then click on the Next button.
- Click on the Browse to select a Start Menu folder, or click on the Next button to continue.
- Check or uncheck the “ Create desktop icon” and click on the Next option.
- Click on the Install button.
- Click on the Finish button.
Click on the file
It is located at the top left corner of the SWF file player window. A drop-down list will appear.
Click on the Open button.
You will find this at the extreme top of the file drop-down menu. Clicking on this prompts a File Explorer window to open.
Select the file location
Click on the folder in which your SWF file is stored. You will find the folder that you need on the left side of the File Explorer window.
Select your SWF file on the player
Click on the file that you want to open.
Click on the Open tab.
It lies in the bottom right corner of the File Explorer window.
Click on the play button.
You will see this at the extreme bottom of the window below the list of the SWF’s attributes.
Open SWF files without a web browser
- Firstly, download the standalone flash player.
- You will be able to see the file flashplayer_32_sa.exe downloaded on your computer, and this executable file is itself a standalone Flash Player. You don’t need to install it. You can directly run the application from the download folder or copy it to the folder you like and launch it from there.
- When you launch the flashplayer_32_sa.exe, you will be able to see a white window with a menu.
- Click on the file menu and select the Open button.
- You will see an edit box where you can enter the file location or click on the “ Browse ” tab to select an SWF file with a file selection dialog.
- After file selection, tap OK to open the file. You will be able to see your SWF file content loaded and playing in Adobe Flash Player 32 windows.