What is the PAGES file and How to open it
What is the PAGES file?
A PAGES file is a kind of document that is created by the Apple Pages, a word processor and a page layout program for macOS and iOS.it is mainly used for saving the documents like a report, poster, resume, newsletter book, etc. which are created from any blank page or built from a template.PAGES documents mostly include text and image formatting, but it also includes the tables, charts, graphs, and a lot more.
In actual PAGES, files are similar to the ZIP files because they contain the document information, but it also includes the JPG file and optional a PDF file, which is used for previewing the document. The difference between the JPG and a PDF file is that the JPG file can open only the first page, whereas a PDF file is used to view the whole document.
Programs that can open the PAGES file
On the iOS platform
How to open PAGES file?
- right-click on the .pages file.
- Tap on the “Save As” command.
- Tap on the desktop located on the extreme left corner of the window.
- Tap on the “Save As” Type in the drop-down list.
- Tap on the “All Files” button.
- Add on the.zip to the end of the filename and click on Save.
- Double-click on the document that you just save on the desktop of your personal computer.
- You can then watch the list of the number of several files.
- Tap on the “Quick Look” folder.
- Double click on the “Preview.pdf file” link and the document that appears is the document that is to be sent.
How to open PAGES file in Microsoft Word.
As we know, the PAGES file is an Apple document that is not allowed to be played in the windows. Therefore some methods are used to use for the pages file on your own windows machine.
- Firstly, prepare a duplicate copy of the pages file just if you got stuck up in something.
- Then Right-click on the .pages file and then rename this specific file.
- And Delete the pages file extension from the file and then replace it with the file extension ZIP.
- Click on the enter key and then save the changes done.
- Open the renamed file that can be opened and easily access the pages file format content with the MS Word, Office, Word Pad.
Convert the pages file to pdf or MS Word and others
For viewing the pages document in other programs, firstly, convert the files with the pages application. You can also play the MS Word documents and rest all other different file types too in pages.you can convert and open the documents in pages on
Convert a Pages document on iPhone/iPad
- Open up the document that you need to convert.
- Then tap the more button, which looks like the three dots.
- Click on the export button.
- Select the document for your document.
- Select the method of how you want to send your documents, such as mail or messages.
Convert a Pages document on a mac
- Open the pages document that you need to convert.
- Choose the file option and then go to export and select the format.
- From the popup window that appears, you can select a different file format.
- Click on the Next button.
- Enter the name for your file and then select the location for the file where you want it to export
- Click on export.
Convert a Pages document on iCloud
- Firstly, sign in to icloud.com from your Apple ID.
- Tap the pages tab.
- In the document manager folder, Tap on the More button (looks like three dots) on the file that is to be converted.
- Choose the “download copy” command and click on it.
- If the document gets open, click on the Tools button from the toolbar. Then select the download a copy command.
- Choose the file format for your converted document. The file will then start downloading the browser’s downloading location.