How To Check Storage On Mac
Sometimes the Mac users need to know how much storage space did you have in your Mac. Apple did not make this information readily available to its customers because many customers did not even bother about the storage information. Though it is very easy to check it, there are even some alternatives available that give you better options for managing the onboard memory.
People need to know about the storage space for several reasons like device management or when the Computer runs slowly, and ideally, storage is the first culprit for that.
Depending on the model that you have, it can be a tricky task to accomplish routinely. You need to delete some older applications that are not in use, or the app has not supported any longer and a lot more.
Process To Check Storage On Mac
It is really simple to check the device’s memory.
- Click the “Apple Logo Icon” in the menu bar in the extreme top left corner.
- Then select the “About This Mac” option.
- Lastly, Select the Storage button.
It is the easiest method to check the storage space on Mac, but there are few methods to get a deeper knowledge of the storage space, which are as follows:
- You can then select the Manage button that will take you to the new window from the Storage screen. Applications, Documents, Photos, and many other sections can be found on the left of this window, and a detailed view of these files on the right-hand side.
- You can also use Finder, and to do so, Open Finder first and go to the View menu bar item in the menu bar, and then select the Show toolbar. You will then see a new bar at the bottom area of the Finder window that displays the number of items for the section that you have selected on the left side pane and the total amount of storage of your Mac that is available.
- Another resource is Disk Utility. First, open the Disk Utility, and it will launch into a view of the volume on your Mac that also displays how much space is already used and how much is still left.
Ways Of Managing Storage In macOS
- In Finder, first, select the category from the left-hand pane and then apply a file that you want to delete. Right-click on the file or the application and click on the delete button, and then it will be removed.
- From System Information Menu, you click on the file or the application that you wish to remove from there and press the delete button on the window’s bottom.
- The next clever method to better manage Mac’s storage is to use the cloud storage options such as iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
- Another better option than iCloud is CloudMounter, which is the easiest and the best method to manage the cloud storage containers. It stays in your menu bar for easy access and displays all your cloud storage options in Finder. CloudMounter uses 256-bit encryption, which keeps your data safe
- iStat Menus is also one of the best options that will help you to manage your storage space on Mac and keep the data very handy and easy to access.