AOL EMail Down…Or Is It Just You?
If you can not check the AOL Mail, AOL may be down, or there could be an issue with your connection to the internet. Sometimes it is very hard to tell which it is: Thankfully, with just a few checks, you can guess which it is.
Steps To Tell If AOL Email Is Down
If AOL Mail is down for everyone, there is not much to be done except to wait until the service is restored. Here are some most common methods to check to see if the service is down:
- Check the Down Detector’s, AOL Page. This site monitors many of the sites and services for the network status, and it is a good place to start. It will explain to you if the site is having any issues or it is running normally.
- If you are still not sure, you can check other sites as well, such as Is lt Down Right Now or Outage. Report.
- Rather than this, you can also look at the AOL Mail team’s Twitter feed. The Mail team maintains this feed current with the data about outages and the problems with the service.
If you are in trouble connecting to any of these sites, or no one else has identified any problems with AOL Mail, the issue is likely in your connection.
What To Do When AOL mail Is Not In Working Mode
If AOL Mail is appeared to be working for everyone but you, here are some things which you can do to troubleshoot and resolve your problem:
- If you are using a web browser, ensure that you are going to the right location and do not mistype the URL:
- If you use a mobile application, make sure you are using the official AOL Mail application for iPhone or AOL Mail application for Android.
- If you can not get to AOL Mail via a web browser, the site may be down, but the service is itself working, so try to use the mobile application on your phone instead, if possible.
- If you can not get to AOL Mail in your usual browser, try to log in by using a different browser or log in by using your browser’s private or incognito mode.
- If you can not get to mail using your mobile application, close the application completely and then restart the application and try again. Just make sure that you are not just putting the application to sleep but are closing the Android application or closing the iPhone application.
- If you are using a browser, then clear the cache.
- Clear the cookies of your browser.
- Then check the computer for malware.
- If any of these options worked, then you probably have a problem with the internet. Contact your ISP’s technical support for additional help.
Common AOL Mail Error Messages
In addition to the standard HTTP status code errors such as 404 Not Found, 403 Forbidden. AOL may sometimes show some other error messages, which explain why you can not connect. Here are some most common ones you may encounter:
- The Site Is Down For Maintenance
You might also see a variation of this message, which says your account is not available.
- Blerk ERROR 1
You may see an error if you try to access AOL Mail by using an older or outdated browser.
- GAH ERROR 1111
It is an error that can generally be fixed by changing your AOL password or cleaning the browser’s cache.
- GAH ERROR 2 and BLERK ERROR 3
Both of these errors indicate that there is a mailbox connection issue. You can generally resolve this by restarting the browser using a different browser or clearing the browser cache.